Employee Charitable Giving
At George Weston Limited, community outreach is about more than just financial support
by the company. In 2010 we successfully launched the Weston – Seeding Stronger Communities
employee engagement program to raise funds for charitable organizations that help
children become more healthy and active in the hours outside of school.
- Weston employees at our bakeries and offices across Canada and the US select non-profit
organizations in their local communities that they want to support.
- Employees donate, raise funds, as well as collect donations from their friends and
- George Weston Limited matches every dollar that is raised during the campaign.
than 60 charities, in communities across North America from Vancouver, British
Columbia and Kent, Washington to Manchester, New Hampshire and Mount Pearl, Newfoundland,
have received funding from this campaign.
Since 2010, the company and our employees have given over $5.3 Million to charities
that help North American children lead active and healthy lives.
Organizations receiving proceeds from the Weston – Seeding Stronger Communities Campaign will be requested to provide the following:
- A report designed to provide an overview of your program, as well as outline costs
and give specific details about the activities you have provided with our donation.
To complete the report please click here. This report should be completed by the
date stipulated in your payment letter.
- Where possible, photographs of participants taking part in the program that we may
share with our stakeholders (e.g. website, materials related to our grant program)
- A final budget summarizing the results that were achieved with our funding.