- Principal applicant’s salary at a Canadian based CRA-registered institution. Please note, all Canadian universities and colleges have CRA registration numbers.
- Software (Costs for licenses) and databases (Costs of collecting and archiving data)
- Materials and consumables
- Research Assistance
- Fieldwork and data collection as well as transportation that relates to this collection
- Travel costs to allow grantees to attend a relevant conference to present funded research
- Capital construction or refurbishment costs
- Equipment purchases, computer purchases, or travel expenses to conferences/meetings, administrative or indirect costs, except with prior written approval
- Traveling costs
- Computer systems & other electronics hardware
- Facility rent and general office/lab or administrative costs
- Academic Institutional overheads
- Existing projects already funded by another grant, but requiring additional funding.