Weston recognizes that its employees are part of a larger community,
and that we must make every effort to protect the interests of the community.
The environment is of great importance to us all. As distributors and retailers, we
need to act responsibly to minimize our environmental footprint on the earth, for it is
where we all live.
The company believes the most effective way to strike a balance between our economic, social and environmental
responsibilities is to adopt the practice of sustainable development in our business operations, meeting the needs
of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
In striving to become environmental leaders, the company has adopted the following environmental principles into its daily practices:
- Comply with all government environmental laws and regulations
- Perform environmental audits on a regular basis
- Establish and implement environmental management systems
- Prevent pollution through source reduction
- Minimize waste through the three Rs: reduce, reuse, recycle
- Use open and honest communication to identify environmental concerns
- Report regularly to senior management on the environmental status and performance of business operations
- Utilize the best technology practical and economically achievable in our business operations
- Support and encourage community environmental projects
- Continually improve our environmental performance
The company is committed to the responsible management of all the environmental concerns we face.
As a steward of the environment, the company strives to achieve sustainable growth and a clean environment for the community as a whole.
Read the Weston Foods’ Ontario TRA Reports
» View Weston Foods’ Environment Commitment
» View Weston Foods’ Sustainable Palm Oil Statement
» View Weston Foods’ Sustainable Cocoa Statement
» View Weston Foods’ Cage Free Eggs Statement
If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Vice President, Environment & Corporate Sustainability
1425 The Queensway
Toronto, ON M8Z 1T3
Tel: 416.252.7323 x2226